Using a combination of XTrack CAD and pencil sketches I’ve started planning the new and improved Wildcat Valley Railway. The railroad is set in the 1920’s – 1930’s as I really like steam era. My train room is 14’6″ x 35’6″ and I have a few ideas of what I’d like to include:
- A walk in plan with no duck-unders.
- Point to point operation, with the option for continuous running.
- A multi-level plan without a helix.
- A single main line
- Limit grade to less than 2%
- 12′ sidings to allow longer trains
Here is what I’ve come up with so far. It includes about 4-1/2 scale miles of main line. Got some work to do yet…